Derek and Shellie both began their careers in the Commercial Construction industry. Shellie as a Sales Engineer and Major Projects Project Manager in the mechanical industry and Derek as a Site Superintendent with a focus on Concrete and Masonry. In 2002, Derek began to receive requests for assistance with smaller residential construction independent work. These requests quickly grew and resulted in the opening of Eller Construction Company, LLC as a partnership in December of 2003. By the end of 2004, the overall residential volume grew to require full time support for the business from both Derek and Shellie. They continued to operate in this capacity through 2007, building over 30 custom homes in a 4-year period. Both Derek and Shellie are licensed general contractors. The Eller’s backlog continues to grow across residential and commercial markets and our customers continue to express their satisfaction with services.
Derek Eller has served as a project manager and site supervisor for over 100 residential construction projects. He takes pride in playing a very active role in all project activities from start to finish to ensure that the client experience is nothing short of excellent. Key roles that Derek plays in a project from start to finish are:
- Participation in all project activities from system design support, budgeting and scope development through project completion
- Oversight of the Field Installation of Scope of Work being executed by each Subcontractor/Vendor
- Coordination of all issues between trades
- Documentation of critical issues as necessary.
- Work with code officials as required to ensure compliance
- Development of project execution schedule and manage vendors and subcontractors to perform within communicated timelines
- Participation in maintaining customer relationship
- Identification of risk items. Document and mitigate where possible.
- Oversight of quality control functions on the project site
- Enforcement of subcontractor compliance with safety requirements for the project site
- Tracking of all change requests for the project.
- Maintain project record notes and actions for the project site.
Shellie Eller manages the business, contracting, scope development, estimating, procurement, scheduling and project financials for both the residential and commercial work.
In 2007, Shellie diversified the business base to provide Construction Management Services for large local Technology Implementations in the Healthcare Industry. As manager and executor of this portfolio, this work has become a significant portion of the business and this diversity has proved to be a contributor for steady annual growth. Since 2007, the Technology services have included construction management and project design development support for over $120M of work for local healthcare providers in the Memphis market.
Mandy joined the Eller Construction Team in 2014 as Office Manager. Her role has continued to grow and her involvement has expanded into project coordination.
She supports project coordination activities for customers that include the following:
- Compiling project estimates and organizing this information in a format for customers to easily evaluate and make decisions
- Tracking project financials and generating weekly reports for customers to see where actual project costs are relative to budget
- Communicating with Customers, Vendors and Subcontractors to document project specific items to include scope, scheduling, etc.
- Supports documentation of project punch-list items to ensure completion for customers
Members of the West Tennessee Homebuilders Association
Member of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “The largest certifier of women-owned businesses in the US and a leading advocate for female business owners and entrepeneurs”
- General Contractor (Residential and Small Commercial)/Construction Management, State of TN
- Certification with State of TN Office of Diversity Business Enterprise as Women Owned Business
“We had the best experience with Eller Construction building our new home. From beginning to end, Derek Eller walked us through every step. He and his staff were quick to respond to our questions and changes that we made along the way. The quality and workmanship exceeded our expectations; every last detail was designed to our liking. From the professionalism and guidance during the purchase process to the day we moved in, Derek Eller made building our home a truly stress free experience. Thank you Eller Construction for making the house of our dreams a home.”Lisa and Ben